Jump to Main Content
- Di Giacomo, Michele, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of plant research 2013 v.126 no.1 pp. 169-178
- cell suspension culture; cells; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; peroxidase; phenylalanine ammonia-lyase; plant response; polyethylene glycol; potatoes; protein degradation; protein synthesis; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal proteins; water potential; water stress
- ... For plant cells in the early phases of water stress exposure, the genes induced under such conditions play a key role in detecting and responding to water deficit. In this study, potato cell suspensions were used as a simplified model system to dissect early molecular changes upon low water potential. In particular, the cDNA-amplified fragment length polymorphism approach was used to capture genes ...
- Di Giacomo, Michele, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2007 v.73 no.3 pp. 825-837
- Aerococcus; Corynebacterium; Debaryomyces hansenii; Gram-positive bacteria; Lactobacillus; Staphylococcus; Weissella; citric acid; community structure; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; fermentation; leaves; microbial communities; nitrates; nitrites; oxalic acid; pH; population growth; reducing sugars; single-stranded conformational polymorphism; temperature; tobacco
- ... The Italian Toscano cigar production includes a fermentation step that starts when dark fire-cured tobacco leaves are moistened and mixed with ca. 20% prefermented tobacco to form a 500-kg bulk. The dynamics of the process, lasting ca. 18 days, has never been investigated in detail, and limited information is available on microbiota involved. Here we show that Toscano fermentation is invariably as ...
- PubMed Central:
- Di Giacomo, Michele, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2007 v.75 no.3 pp. 633-645
- Debaryomyces hansenii; NAD (coenzyme); Northern blotting; Southern blotting; ammonia; byproducts; fermentation; genes; manufacturing; nitrites; nitrogen; nitrosamines; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; tobacco; transcription (genetics); yeasts
- ... The Italian cigar manufacturing process includes a fermentation step that leads to accumulation of nitrite and tobacco-specific nitrosamines (TSNA), undesirable by-products due to their negative impact on health. In this study, growth and biochemical properties of Debaryomyces hansenii TOB-Y7, a yeast strain that predominates during the early phase of fermentation, have been investigated. With res ...