Jump to Main Content
- Di Pinto, Pietro, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Italian journal of food safety 2015 v.4 no.3
- parasites; genome; Black queen cell virus; Nosema; Kashmir bee virus; Chronic bee paralysis virus; Varroa destructor; beekeepers; viruses; invasive species; pathogenesis; pathogens; Apis mellifera; honey bees; disease control; Sacbrood virus; honey bee colonies; Kakugo virus; Israeli acute paralysis virus; researchers; Acute bee paralysis virus; epidemiology; bacteria
- ... The health and vigour of honeybee colonies are threatened by numerous parasites (such as Varroa destructor and Nosema spp.) and pathogens, including viruses, bacteria, protozoa. Among honeybee pathogens, viruses are one of the major threats to the health and well-being of honeybees and cause serious concern for researchers and beekeepers. To tone down the threats posed by these invasive organisms, ...
- Di Pinto, Pietro, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food chemistry 2013 v.141 no.3 pp. 1757-1762
- consumer protection; product safety; Pollachius virens; Gadus morhua; DNA barcoding; DNA; markets; Gadus macrocephalus; food policy; cod (fish); food safety; fisheries; fillets
- ... The Italian Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies (MiPAAF) Decree dated 31 January 2008, which reports the Italian name for fish species of commercial interest, establishes that baccalà can be obtained exclusively from G. macrocephalus (Pacific cod) and G. morhua (Atlantic cod). This paper describes the COI-based DNA identification system to verify the substitution or misbranding of ...
- Di Pinto, Pietro, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2010 v.142 no.1-2 pp. 198-201
- Hepatovirus A; food contamination; polymerase chain reaction; seafoods; microbial contamination; food pathogens; microbial detection; analytical kits; analytical methods; RNA; shellfish
- ... Viruses are the leading cause of foodborne illness associated with the consumption of raw or slightly-cooked contaminated shellfish. This study evaluated the E.Z.N.A. Mollusc RNA extraction and purification kit for the detection of HAV in shellfish. The E.Z.N.A. method, based on the cationic detergent, cetyltrimethyl ammonium bromide, in conjunction with a selective RNA binding silica matrix, effi ...