Jump to Main Content
- Diack, Robert, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Tree genetics & genomes 2017 v.13 no.3 pp. 55
- Jersey; Pyrus communis; adventitious roots; females; genetic markers; hardwood cuttings; loci; males; marker-assisted selection; parents; pears; quantitative trait loci; rooting; rootstocks; vegetative propagation
- ... The ease of vegetative propagation by hardwood cuttings is a critical trait for consideration by breeders of woody perennial rootstocks. This is especially so for Pyrus, because most Pyrus rootstock are known to be difficult to propagate. This report presents progress on the identification of loci controlling rooting of hardwood cuttings in European pear (Pyrus communis L.). Quantitative trait loc ...
- Diack, Robert, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2013 v.88 no.4 pp. 483-489
- raw fruit; flowering; apples; total soluble solids; apoplast; sorbitol; dry matter accumulation; starch; fruit quality; carbon; firmness; rootstocks; shade; symplast; trees; vacuoles; fruiting; sugar content
- ... The supply of carbon to fruit on whole apple trees of 'Scifresh'grafted onto M.9 rootstock was altered by adjustment of the crop load [43% removal at 60 d or 90 d after full bloom (DAFB)], by three periods of 75% shading (from 60 - 90, 90 - 120, or 60 - 120 DAFB), or by a combined treatment of fruit removal at 60 DAFB and shading from 60 - 120 DAFB. Altering the timing and duration of shading, and ...
- Diack, Robert, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- BMC plant biology 2015 v.15 no.1 pp. 230
- Pyrus communis; alleles; apples; breeding; cultivars; dwarfing; early development; flowering; germplasm; growing season; hydroxyl radicals; linkage groups; loci; microsatellite repeats; pears; quantitative trait loci; rootstocks; scions; seedlings; single nucleotide polymorphism; trees; vigor
- ... BACKGROUND: The vigour and precocity of trees highly influences their efficiency in commercial production. In apple, dwarfing rootstocks allow high-density plantings while their precocious flowering enables earlier fruit production. Currently, there is a lack of pear (Pyrus communis L.) rootstocks that are equivalent to the high yielding apple rootstock ‘M9’. For the efficient breeding of new Pyru ...
- PubMed Central: