Jump to Main Content
- Dicken, Matthew, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2019 v.838 no.1 pp. 121-137
- Mustelus mustelus; coasts; fisheries; genetic analysis; genetic markers; genetic variation; haplotypes; microsatellite repeats; mitochondria; population genetics; population structure; sharks; traceability; Africa; Mediterranean Sea
- ... The common smoothhound, Mustelus mustelus, is an epibenthic species targeted by fisheries around the world driven by the increasing demand for shark products. Given the wide-spread occurrence of this species and corresponding lack of molecular data in many areas of said distribution, baseline molecular assessments of this commercially important shark may contribute to finer-scale analyses in areas ...
- Dicken, Matthew L., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- African zoology 2013 v.48 no.2 pp. 418-426
- Arctocephalus pusillus pusillus; Carcharodon carcharias; boats; head; neck; photographs; seals; sharks; South Africa
- ... This paper presents the first quantitative study on the seasonal occurrence and body location of white shark (Carcharodon carcharias)-inflicted injuries on Cape fur seals (Arctocephalus pusillus pusillus) at Black Rocks, in Algoa Bay. Between January 2010 and October 2011, 22 boat trips were made to Black Rocks to chum for white sharks. On 19 of the trips a series of overlapping photographs were t ...