Jump to Main Content
- Digman, Matthew F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied engineering in agriculture 2018 v.34 no.2 pp. 327-334
- Zea mays; agricultural engineering; assets; corn; equipment; forage; global positioning systems; harvest date; model validation; models; prediction; silage
- ... Harvesting corn (Zea Mays) for silage requires the coordination of multiple pieces of equipment to ensure rapid and economical production of silage. A model of corn harvest for silage production, capable of predicting machine work states and total harvest time for an entire field, using a single harvester, and any number of specific transport vehicles, as a function of machine specifications and f ...
- Digman, Matthew F., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Biomass and bioenergy 2013 v.54 pp. 133
- Farms and Farming Systems; bags; bioenergy; chopping; corn stover; feedstocks; harvesting; production costs; silage; storage; North America
- ... Corn stover has potential as a bioenergy feedstock in North America. We simulated production costs for stover harvest (three-pass and two-pass with baling or chopping, and single-pass with baling or chopping) and on-farm storage (outdoor and indoor bales, outdoor wrapped bales, and chopped stover in bags, bunks, or piles). For three- and two-pass harvest, chopping was 33–45% more expensive than ba ...
- Digman, Matthew F., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2010 v.101 no.14 pp. 5305
- Panicum virgatum; Phalaris arundinacea; biomass; pretreatment; acid treatment; sulfuric acid; calcium hydroxide; alkali treatment; enzymatic hydrolysis; cellulases; beta-glucosidase; sugars; alcoholic fermentation; ethanol production; ethanol; yeasts; Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- ... Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) and reed canarygrass (Phalaris arundinacea L.) were pretreated under ambient temperature and pressure with sulfuric acid and calcium hydroxide in separate experiments. Chemical loadings from 0 to 100g (kg DM)⁻¹ and durations of anaerobic storage from 0 to 180days were investigated by way of a central composite design at two moisture contents (40% or 60% w.b.). Pre ...