Jump to Main Content
- Dinman, J.D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2005 v.274 no.3 pp. 235-247
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; ribosomal RNA; alleles; ribosomes; phenotype; mutants; frameshift mutation; bioinformatics; nucleotide sequences
- ... 5S rRNA extends from the central protuberance of the large ribosomal subunit, through the A-site finger, and down to the GTPase-associated center. Here, we present a structure-function analysis of seven 5S rRNA alleles which are sufficient for viability in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae when expressed in the absence of wild-type 5S rRNAs, and extend this analysis using a large bank of mutant a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Dinman, J.D., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 1994 v.91 no.1 pp. 172-176
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; ribosomes; spermidine; retrotransposons; mutants
- ... Polyamines have been implicated in nucleic acid-related functions and in protein biosynthesis. RNA sequences that specifically direct ribosomes to shift reading frame in the -1 and +1 directions may be used to probe the mechanisms controlling translational fidelity. We examined the effects of spermidine on translational fidelity by an in vivo assay in which changes in beta-galactosidase activity a ...