Jump to Main Content
- Dionísio, Jair Alves, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Pedobiologia 2019 v.76 pp. 150568
- Nematoda; earthworms; ecosystem engineers; meta-analysis; microorganisms; soil; soil nematodes
- ... Earthworms are ecosystem engineers and are able to induce considerable changes in soil. These modifications go beyond physical and chemical aspects, as earthworms also act as regulators of communities of microorganisms and invertebrates. Although several studies have sought to clarify the effects of earthworms on soil nematode communities, the observed effects are highly variable, and there is no ...
- Dionísio, Jair Alves, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Environmental monitoring and assessment 2015 v.187 no.11 pp. 673
- ceftazidime; coliform bacteria; drugs; enteropathogenic Escherichia coli; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; environmental factors; feces; freshwater; genes; heat tolerance; humans; microbiological quality; polymerase chain reaction; qualitative analysis; river water; sampling; sanitation; selective media; streptomycin; testing; tetracycline; virulence; virulent strains; water pollution; water quality; Brazil
- ... Water safety is determined by several markers, and Escherichia coli is one of the most important indicators of water quality. The objective of this study was to evaluate the microbiological parameters in environmental samples of fresh water from rivers of Curitiba and its metropolitan area in Paraná State, Brazil. In addition, we evaluated the pathogenicity and susceptibility to antimicrobial drug ...