Jump to Main Content
- Djokic, V., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 466
- Toxoplasma gondii; agglutination tests; antibodies; data collection; farm buildings; farm management; finishing; herds; hygiene; ingestion; large farms; livestock and meat industry; livestock breeding; oocysts; piglets; pork; protective effect; questionnaires; risk factors; seroprevalence; statistical models; suckling; toxoplasmosis; weaning; France
- ... BACKGROUND: Infection by Toxoplasma gondii postnatally can occur after ingestion of contaminated meat or water (tissue cysts/oocysts). In Europe, percentage of meat borne infections is estimated between 30 and 63 %, out of which pork makes the most important source. The aim of this study was to (i) investigate the seroprevalence of T. gondii in intensive pig farms from western France; and (ii) ide ...
- PubMed Central:
- DJOKIC, V., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Parasitology 2016 v.143 no.5 pp. 557-567
- Toxoplasma gondii; agglutination tests; breeding; farms; finishing; genotyping; heart; mice; parasites; piglets; pork; restriction fragment length polymorphism; risk factors; seroprevalence; sows; surveys; toxoplasmosis; France
- ... The aim of this study was to assess the seroprevalence of the Toxoplasma gondii parasite in pork produced in France, and to determine infection risk factors. An innovative survey was designed based on annual numbers of slaughtered pigs from intensive and outdoor farms in France. A total of 1549 samples of cardiac fluids were collected from pig hearts to determine seroprevalence using a Modified Ag ...
- Djokić, V., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Powder technology 2012 v.219 pp. 239-243
- titanium; surface area; azo dyes; crystal structure; photocatalysis; titanium dioxide; gelatinization temperature; gels; crystallites; powders; carbon tetrachloride; photocatalysts; sol-gel processing; gelation
- ... Titania powders were synthesized by nonhydrolitic sol–gel process starting from titanium(IV)-chloride, titanium(IV)-isopropoxide and carbon-tetrachloride. Gelation was performed in solvothermal conditions, at 140°C or 160°C. The obtained gels were then dried and calcined at 500°C or 750°C. Dry gels and powders obtained by their calcination at 500°C contained only anatase, and the degree of crystal ...