Jump to Main Content
- Do, Ngoc Anh, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Environmental earth sciences 2017 v.76 no.3 pp. 102
- case studies; mathematical models; soil
- ... Tunnel excavation is a three-dimensional problem, especially in the zone close to the tunnel face. However, despite recent advances in computing resources, a full 3D numerical analysis is usually complex and requires important computational resources (both in terms of storage and of time). Two-dimensional simulations are therefore often used. In this paper, the Hanoi metro system is used as a case ...
- Do, Ngoc-Anh, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2015 v.73 no.5 pp. 2101-2113
- mathematical models; mechanization; prediction
- ... During the construction of twin tunnels excavated in close proximity to each other, the prediction of the influence of a new tunnel construction on an already existing one plays an important role in the design and construction of the tunnels. The researches in the literature indicate that this influence depends to a great extent on the distance between the tunnels. However, most of the reported ca ...