Jump to Main Content
- Dorn, B, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Weed research 2015 v.55 no.6 pp. 586-597
- Helianthus annuus; agroecosystems; autumn; conservation tillage; corn; cover crops; direct seeding; dry matter accumulation; field experimentation; herbicides; mulches; organic production; soil; spring; weed control; weeds
- ... Cover crops are increasingly being used for weed suppression and to enhance the sustainability of agro‐ecosystems. However, the suitability of cover crops for weed suppression in integrated and organic conservation tillage systems is still poorly investigated. Therefore, a 2‐year field study at eight sites was conducted to test the weed suppressive potential of six legume‐based cover crops, with t ...
- Dorn, B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2011 v.111 no.3 pp. 693-706
- Fusarium equiseti; Fusarium proliferatum; Gibberella fujikuroi; Gibberella zeae; animal health; chemical concentration; combine harvesters; corn; corn stover; correlation; deoxynivalenol; environmental impact; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; feed contamination; fields; growers; hybrids; liquid chromatography; livestock feeds; manual harvesting; mass spectrometry; mechanical harvesting; risk; sampling; seeds; swine; zearalenone
- ... Aims: To quantify and to compare the occurrence of Fusarium species in maize kernels and stalk pieces, to analyse mycotoxins in kernels and maize crop residues, to evaluate two approaches to obtain kernel samples and to compare two methods for mycotoxin analyses. Methods and Results: The occurrence of Fusarium species in maize kernels and stalk pieces from a three‐year maize hybrid trial and 12 ke ...