Jump to Main Content
- Dornoff, Jan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.666 pp. 337-346
- European Union; automobiles; carbon dioxide; gas emissions; monitoring; nitrogen oxides; traffic
- ... The current study presents a detailed analysis of the gaseous emissions, focusing on CO2 and NOx, of diesel vehicles under several operating conditions. An assessment is also made on the impact and effectiveness of the Real Driving Emissions (RDE) test, which is mandatory by the European Union (EU) type approval regulation for passenger cars since September 2017. The method followed comprises emis ...
- Dornoff, Jan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Energy 2019 v.169 pp. 1153-1165
- carbon dioxide; certification; greenhouse gas emissions; models; prediction; standard deviation
- ... CO2 emissions of light-duty vehicles are certified over standardised, laboratory-based conditions and reported to the consumers. Such tests reflect specific operating conditions that differ from what an individual driver experiences. Vehicle simulation can bridge the gap and help provide customised, vehicle and trip-specific values. This study investigates the potential of using a simulation-based ...