Jump to Main Content
- Dostie, Ashley M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2019 v.91 no.14 pp. 8739-8750
- diagnostic techniques; geometry; injection molding; liquid-air interface; manufacturing; microfluidic technology; tissue scaffolds
- ... Open microfluidic capillary systems are a rapidly evolving branch of microfluidics where fluids are manipulated by capillary forces in channels lacking physical walls on all sides. Typical channel geometries include grooves, rails, or beams and complex systems with multiple air–liquid interfaces. Removing channel walls allows access for retrieval (fluid sampling) and addition (pipetting reagents o ...
- Dostie, Ashley M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Langmuir 2018 v.34 no.18 pp. 5358-5366
- biotechnology; diagnostic techniques; droplets; models; prediction
- ... Capillary open microsystems are attractive and increasingly used in biotechnology, biology, and diagnostics as they allow simple and reliable control of fluid flows. In contrast to closed microfluidic systems, however, two-phase capillary flows in open microfluidics have remained largely unexplored. In this work, we present the theoretical basis and experimental demonstration of a spontaneous capi ...