Jump to Main Content
- Dualé, Christian, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2019
- bioavailability; blood serum; food composition; hemochromatosis; iron; iron absorption; patients; placebos; procyanidins; test meals
- ... Type I hereditary hemochromatosis (HH) and dysmetabolic iron overload syndrome (DIOS) are the two most prevalent iron overload diseases. Although many food components, particularly polyphenols, reduce iron bioavailability, there is no clinically validated nutritional strategy to reduce food-iron absorption in patients with these diseases. We aimed to determine whether supplementation with 100 mg o ...
- Dualé, Christian, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Physiology & behavior 2017 v.177 pp. 1-3
- analgesia; blood pressure; heart rate; humans; nociception; pain
- ... This study examined the effect of the sympathetic activation with the head-up tilt test (HUT) on electrocutaneous pain in 56 young normotensive volunteers. Systolic arterial blood pressure (SAP), diastolic arterial blood pressure (DAP), heart rate (HR), sensory and pain thresholds to electrocutaneous stimulation were measured 30s before (in supine position), during (at 10s, 90s, 3min and 5min) and ...