Jump to Main Content
- Duan, Xiumei, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2014 v.30 no.7 pp. 1985-1992
- biomass; hydrocolloids; mass transfer; microbial growth; microstructure; oxidation; oxygen; polyvinyl alcohol; scanning electron microscopy; sodium bicarbonate; surface area
- ... In this study, we developed a novel technique for preparing polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) hydrogel as an immobilizing matrix by the addition of sodium bicarbonate. This resulted in an increase in the specific surface area of PVA_sodium bicarbonate (PVA_SB) hydrogel beads to 65.23 m² g⁻¹hydrogel beads, which was approximately 85 and 14 % higher than those of normal PVA and PVA_sodium alginate (PVA_SA) hy ...
- Duan, Xiumei, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2011 v.102 no.5 pp. 4290-4293
- cell walls; fertilizer rates; microbial activity; nitrogen; nitrogen content; transmission electron microscopy; ultrasonics
- ... In this study, effect of low intensity ultrasound on the activity of anammox microbial consortium for nitrogen removal was investigated through batch experiments at the same irradiation frequency of 25kHz. Total nitrogen removal rate increased by about 25.5% when ultrasound intensity of 0.3wcm⁻² was applied at an optimal irradiation time of 4min, and further experiments demonstrated that this effe ...
- Duan, Xiumei, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2012 v.24 no.6 pp. 1083-1090
- activated sludge; ammonia; anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biomass; bioreactors; fluorescence in situ hybridization; genes; nitrifying bacteria; nitrites; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nucleotide sequences; ribosomal RNA; scanning electron microscopes; scanning electron microscopy; transmission electron microscopes
- ... The anaerobic ammonium oxidation (anammox) process was successfully started up from conventional activated sludge using a hybrid bioreactor within 2 months. The average removal efficiencies of ammonia and nitrite were both over 80%, and the maximum total nitrogen removal rate of 1.85 kg N/(m³·day) was obtained on day 362 with the initial sludge concentration of 0.7 g mixed liquor suspended solids ...