Jump to Main Content
- Duber, Anna, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2019 v.279 pp. 74-83
- beta oxidation; ethanol; fermentation; hexanoic acid; ionic liquids; lactic acid; liquid-liquid extraction; models; purification methods; whey
- ... The objective of this study was to investigate the potential of supplementing ethanol and lactic acid as electron donors in reverse β-oxidation for short chain carboxylic acids chain elongation during anaerobic fermentation of acid whey. Best results were achieved when lactic acid was added at concentration of 300 mM. It resulted in medium chain carboxylic acids (MCCAs) concentration of 5.0 g/L. I ...
- Duber, Anna, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Green chemistry 2018 v.20 no.16 pp. 3790-3803
- Coriobacteriaceae; Ruminococcaceae; biofuels; bioprocessing; energy; fermentation; flow cytometry; green chemistry; hexanoic acid; lactic acid; lactose; liquids; microbial activity; microbiome; microorganisms; organic wastes; pH; sustainable development; upflow anaerobic sludge blanket reactor; wastewater; whey
- ... In light of an increasing demand for energy and sustainable development, bioenergy production is a must. A carboxylate platform-based bioprocess now enables the conversion of organic waste into a valuable bioproduct via open culture fermentation due to a complex microbial activity. Caproic acid is one of the promising products that can be further processed into liquid biofuels. In this study we ha ...