Jump to Main Content
- Dudzinska-Nowak, Joanna, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geomorphology 2019 v.327 pp. 365-376
- case studies; coasts; models; standard deviation; water power; Baltic Sea
- ... A method for defining the length of coast with alongshore uniformity of nearshore submarine morphology is required in many shore-normal, nearshore profile modelling approaches. Here, we introduce a new variable, the ‘relaxation distance’, to describe the alongshore spacing between two adjacent shore-normal profiles characterised by distinct morphologies. Within this distance, alongshore morphologi ...
- Dudzinska-Nowak, Joanna, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Geomorphology 2014 v.204 pp. 425-443
- case studies; coastal zone management; coasts; digital elevation models; morphogenesis; sea level; sediments; surveys; Baltic Sea
- ... Comparison between historical maps from the 1900s, 1980s and a modern map from the 2000s of the Pomeranian Bight at the southern Baltic Sea indicates that a major part of the coastline has been suffering continuous erosion. This also holds for a major part of other coasts on a global scale. Quantifying coastal geomorphological changes on a decadal-to-centennial temporal scale thus needs to be inte ...