Jump to Main Content
- Duffy, Kara B., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Environmental toxicology and chemistry 2018 v.37 no.10 pp. 2513-2522
- adverse effects; chicken eggs; chickens; eggs; hatching; lethal dose 50; models; polychlorinated biphenyls; risk; Hudson River; New York
- ... Studies were conducted to develop methods to assess the effects of a complex mixture of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the domestic chicken (Gallus domesticus). Treatments were administered by egg injection to compare embryonic effects of an environmentally relevant PCB congener mixture in the domestic chicken over a range of doses. Chicken eggs were injected with the PCB mixture with a profi ...
- Duffy, Kara B., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Neurobiology of aging 2008 v.29 no.11 pp. 1680
- blueberries; pretreatment; food intake; protective effect; oxidative stress; hydrogen peroxide; hippocampus; learning; cognition; neurophysiology; neurons; neurotoxicity; rats
- ... Young male Fischer-344 rats were fed a diet containing 2% blueberry (BB) extract or control diet for at least 8 weeks and then received bilateral hippocampal injections of kainic acid (KA 200 ng/0.5 μl) or phosphate buffered saline (PBS). One week later rats were trained in one-way active footshock avoidance in a straight runway followed the next day by training in a footshock motivated 14-unit T- ...