Jump to Main Content
- Dumancas, Gerard G., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of lipid science and technology 2016 v.118 no.3 pp. 475-485
- algorithms; blood serum; chemometrics; cholesterol; colorimetry; computer software; conjugated linoleic acid; docosahexaenoic acid; eicosapentaenoic acid; foods; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; high performance liquid chromatography; humans; labor; least squares; monounsaturated fatty acids; principal component analysis; vegetable oil
- ... Current methodologies of quantifying cholesterol and monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFA)/polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) constitute techniques such as GC‐MS and HPLC, which use expensive standards, are time consuming and require skilled labor. We sought to develop a simple, direct alternative method for the simultaneous determination of cholesterol and MUFA/PUFAs (linoleic (LA), alpha‐linolenic ...
- Dumancas, Gerard G., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Trends in analytical chemistry 2015 v.74 pp. 79-88
- algorithms; chemometrics; diagnostic techniques; environmental science; epidemiology; food technology; metabolomics; process control; quantitative structure-activity relationships
- ... The field of chemometrics has its origin in chemistry and has been widely applied to the evaluation of analytical chemical data and quantitative structure-activity relationships. Chemometric techniques apply statistical and algorithmic methods to extract information from analytical multivariate data, including fused, heterogeneous data. These techniques are now widely applied across fields as vari ...