Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: luisa?
- Duque, Ana Luiza Rocha Faria, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2019 v.103 no.3 pp. 1081-1094
- foods; ingredients; intestinal microorganisms; lifestyle; obesity; prebiotics; public health; sugars
- ... The rising worldwide prevalence of obesity has become a major concern having many implications for the public health and the economy. It is well known that many factors such as lifestyle, increased intake of foods high in fat and sugar and a host’s genetic profile can lead to obesity. Besides these factors, recent studies have pointed to the gut microbiota composition as being responsible for the ...
- Duque, Ana Luiza Rocha Faria, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Food research international 2016 v.84 pp. 160-169
- Bifidobacterium; Clostridium; Enterococcus; Lactobacillus; antioxidant activity; bacteria; colon; fermentation; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; models; orange juice; prebiotics; principal component analysis; propionic acid; short chain fatty acids
- ... The aim of this research was to evaluate the influence of fresh orange juice (FOJ) and pasteurized orange juice (POJ) on gut microbiota using the Simulator of the Human Intestinal Microbial Ecosystem (SHIME®) in a long-term experiment. SHIME® vessels were used to investigate orange juice fermentation throughout the colon and to assess changes in microbial composition and fermentation metabolites ( ...