Jump to Main Content
- Duran, S. H., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics 2018 v.41 no.1 pp. 92-97
- adults; bioavailability; blood serum; cross-over studies; enteral feeding; half life; horses; humans; immunoassays; intravenous injection; pharmacodynamics
- ... Nine horses received 20 mg/kg of intravenous (LEVIV); 30 mg/kg of intragastric, crushed immediate release (LEVCIR); and 30 mg/kg of intragastric, crushed extended release (LEVCER) levetiracetam, in a three‐way randomized crossover design. Crushed tablets were dissolved in water and administered by nasogastric tube. Serum samples were collected over 48 hr, and levetiracetam concentrations were dete ...
- DURAN, S. H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of veterinary pharmacology and therapeutics 2012 v.35 no.4 pp. 389-396
- absorption; adsorption; adverse effects; alpacas; analgesics; bioavailability; high performance liquid chromatography; intravenous injection; metabolites; oral administration; pharmacokinetics; rumen
- ... Edmondson, M. A., Duran, S. H., Boothe, D. M., Stewart, A. J., Ravis, W. R. Pharmacokinetics of tramadol and its major metabolites in alpacas following intravenous and oral administration. J. vet. Pharmacol. Therap. 35, 389–396. Tramadol, a centrally acting opioid analgesic with monamine reuptake inhibition, was administered to six alpacas (43–71 kg) randomly assigned to two treatment groups, usin ...