Jump to Main Content
- Dvorščík, Petr, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological engineering 2014 v.68 pp. 53-59
- Betula; biomass; carbon; carbon dioxide; chronosequences; coal; mining; planting; shade; soil pH; soil respiration; soil temperature; terrestrial ecosystems; Czech Republic
- ... Soil respiration accounts for much of the CO2 released from terrestrial ecosystems into the atmosphere. Although respiration depends on temperature, the relationship between respiration and temperature may vary among soils. Here, we measured soil respiration and soil temperature in chronosequences of reclaimed and unreclaimed post-mining sites (10–50-year-old coal mining heaps near Sokolov, the Cz ...
- Dvorščík, Petr, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological engineering 2015 v.84 pp. 233-239
- Alnus glutinosa; Populus tremula; Salix caprea; aerial photography; allometry; biomass; canopy; coal; equations; linear models; mining; planting; shrubs; trees; vegetation; Czech Republic
- ... On an open-cast coal mining heap in the northwestern Czech Republic, development of the canopy cover of woody vegetation was studied using historical aerial photographs of unreclaimed sites overgrown by natural succession and of sites reclaimed by the planting of alder. A comparison of sites by general linear models revealed that canopy cover did not differ significantly between reclaimed sites an ...