Jump to Main Content
- Easterly, Amanda, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2018 v.430 no.1-2 pp. 127-138
- Triticum aestivum; breeding; cadmium; cultivars; disease control; filling period; flowering; fungicides; human health; iron; mineral content; tissues; winter wheat; zinc
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIM: The consumption of cadmium-contaminated food adversely affects human health. Heritable variation for the propensity to accumulate cadmium in the grain exists, but is a difficult selection target, given the practical limitations of breeding operations. The main objective of this study is to assess the feasibility and accuracy of selecting low-cadmium lines during grain filling u ...
- Easterly, Amanda, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Molecular breeding 2018 v.38 no.11 pp. 140
- Pyrenophora tritici-repentis; Triticum aestivum; cultivars; foliar diseases; hard red winter wheat; inbred lines; loci; quantitative trait loci; races; resistance genes; winter wheat; Nebraska
- ... Tan spot, caused by Pyrenophora tritici-repentis (Ptr), is a destructive foliar disease in all types of cultivated wheat worldwide. Genetics of tan spot resistance in wheat is complex, involving insensitivity to fungal-produced necrotrophic effectors (NEs), major resistance genes, and quantitative trait loci (QTL) conferring race-nonspecific and race-specific resistance. The Nebraska hard red wint ...