Jump to Main Content
- Eckrich, Carolyn A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The American midland naturalist 2018 v.179 no.2 pp. 247-260
- Vulpes macrotis; breeding; foraging; foxes; grasslands; habitats; males; pregnancy; shrublands; Oregon
- ... Determining the factors that constrain the distribution of a species may have important management and conservation implications. We quantified space use and cover selection of kit foxes (Vulpes macrotis) at the northern periphery of their distribution in southeastern Oregon from 2014 to 2015. We used locations from GPS‐collared foxes to estimate seasonal utilization distributions (UD) with the bi ...
- Eckrich, Carolyn A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of natural resources and life sciences education 2016 v.45 no.1
- USDA Forest Service; case studies; harvesting; industry; logging; natural resource management; old-growth forests; planning; public speaking; stakeholders; students; tourists; Alaska; Tongass National Forest
- ... After nearly two decades of little to no logging activity on Prince of Wales Island (POW), Alaska, part of the Tongass National Forest, the USDA-Forest Service proposed a new plan to harvest approximately 2500 ha (6000 acres) of old-growth forest. The island has experienced over 60 years of harvest that has significantly affected various natural resources. In natural resource management and planni ...