Jump to Main Content
- Edmondson, J.L., et al. Show all 18 Authors
- Agriculture, ecosystems & environment 2019 v.273 pp. 1-12
- Lumbricus terrestris; ammonium; arable soils; biomass; bulk density; burrows; dissolved organic carbon; earthworms; edge effects; grasses; macropore flow; micropores; mycorrhizal fungi; nitrates; pastures; phosphates; rain; runoff; saturated hydraulic conductivity; soil ecology; soil solution; soil water; soil water content; temperature; time series analysis; vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae; water content; water quality analysis; winter wheat
- ... Intensification of agriculture has led to major losses of hedgerows and field margins worldwide. Soil sample extraction, in situ time series of soil moisture, temperature and soil water quality analyses, annual earthworm sampling and arbuscular mycorrhizal (AM) fungi sampling enabled comparison of soil functions between typical hedgerows, grass field margins, pasture and arable (mainly winter whea ...
- Edmondson, J.L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Science of the total environment 2010 v.408 no.24 pp. 6202-6209
- Bryopsida; Calluna vulgaris; acidification; correlation; ecosystems; eutrophication; heathlands; indicator species; long term experiments; monophenol monooxygenase; nitrogen; pollution; species diversity; surveys; wet deposition; United Kingdom
- ... Heather moorlands are internationally important ecosystems that are highly sensitive to eutrophication and acidification by reactive atmospheric nitrogen (N) deposition. We used a long-term experiment simulating wet-deposition of N on heather moorland to identify potential bio-indicators of N deposition. These indicators were subsequently employed in a survey covering a N deposition gradient rangi ...