Jump to Main Content
- Edwards, Sally, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2012 v.23 no.1 pp. 47-56
- biodegradability; bioplastics; byproducts; composite polymers; decision making; feedstocks; genetically modified organisms; manufacturing; markets; materials life cycle; nonrenewable resources; pollution; society; toxic substances
- ... This study evaluated the sustainability of bio-based plastics including all the stages of their life cycles (cradle to grave) to assist in decision making about selection of these materials. Plastics are considered essential materials in today’s society, but throughout their life cycles they contribute to pollution and depletion of non-renewable natural resources. Bio-based plastics appear to be m ...
- Edwards, Sally-Anne, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- New phytologist 2010 v.185 no.2 pp. 420-433
- Arabidopsis; alleles; chromosomes; flowering; image analysis; leaves; nutrient use efficiency; photosystem II; quantitative trait loci; sugar content; vernalization
- ... The aim of this work was to determine the genetic basis of sugar-regulated senescence and to explore the relationship with other traits, including flowering and nitrogen-use efficiency. Quantitative trait loci (QTLs) for senescence were mapped in the Arabidopsis Bay-0 x Shahdara recombinant-inbred line (RIL) population after growth on glucose-containing medium, which accelerates senescence. The ex ...
- Edwards, Sally M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Mycologia 2011 v.103 no.1 pp. 101-117
- Araucaria; Dictyostelium; Fagus; Fitzroya; Libocedrus; Nothofagus; alpine meadows; coniferous forests; national parks; new species; rain forests; ribosomal DNA; steppes; Argentina
- ... In late Jan and early Feb 2005 samples for isolation of dictyostelid cellular slime molds (dictyostelids) were collected in five different provinces and from six national parks (all located 39–55°S) in Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. Southern beech (Nothofagus) forests represented the primary vegetation type investigated, but some samples were obtained from Patagonian steppe, alpine mea ...