Jump to Main Content
- Eggels, Stella, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytical biochemistry 2018 v.553 pp. 24-27
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; abscisic acid; cell culture; complementary DNA; cytochrome P-450; enzyme activity; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; homeostasis; metabolism; molecular cloning; oxidoreductases; phaseic acid; rapid methods; yeasts
- ... The plant hormone abscisic acid (ABA) regulates many processes, including response to drought, seed dormancy and abscission of leaves and fruits. For maintenance of ABA homeostasis, catabolism of ABA by 8′-hydroxylation and subsequent cyclisation to phaseic acid (PA) is crucial. However, detection of ABA 8′-hydroxylation activity is tedious. We present a simple and rapid method for detection of AB ...
- Eggels, Stella, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Theoretical and applied genetics 2019 v.132 no.1 pp. 53-63
- Zea mays; abscisic acid; chromosomes; climate change; corn; drought; evaporative demand; field experimentation; genomics; introgression; leaves; phenotype; quantitative trait loci; soil water; soil water potential; stomatal conductance; stomatal movement; water use efficiency
- ... KEY MESSAGE: A genomic segment on maize chromosome 7 influences carbon isotope composition, water use efficiency, and leaf growth sensitivity to drought, possibly by affecting stomatal properties. Climate change is expected to decrease water availability in many agricultural production areas around the globe. Therefore, plants with improved ability to grow under water deficit are urgently needed. ...