Jump to Main Content
- El‐Hage, CM, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Australian veterinary journal 2019 v.97 no.7 pp. 220-224
- Streptococcus equi subsp. equi; antibodies; antigens; blood; confidence interval; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; horses; strangles; structural proteins; vaccination; vaccines
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine the nature of serological responses in Australian horses using a commercial duplex indirect ELISA (iELISA) following vaccination against strangles. DESIGN: A group (n = 19) of client‐owned horses from five properties were recruited to receive a primary course of a Streptococcus equi subsp. equi (S. equi) extract vaccine. Serological responses were determined by duplex iELIS ...
- El‐Hage, CM, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Australian veterinary journal 2014 v.92 no.12 pp. 504-508
- Macropus giganteus; Phalaris; brain stem; case studies; discoloration; granules; grazing; head; melanin; neurons; pastures; pigmentation; ruminants; spinal cord; thalamus; toxicity
- ... CASE REPORT: Seven eastern grey kangaroos (Macropus giganteus) grazing pastures including Phalaris spp. in Victoria showed neurological deficits characterised by ataxia, head tremors and collapse. Gross examination of the brains and spinal cords of affected kangaroos showed a greenish discolouration in several regions of the grey matter. Histologically, intracytoplasmic accumulation of pigment gra ...