Jump to Main Content
- El Sherif, E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental research 2020 v.185 pp. 109402
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; alginates; aqueous solutions; biopolymers; cobalt; compliance; emulsifiers; emulsions; endothermy; energy; glycosidic linkages; hydrochloric acid; hydrogen bonding; irradiation; particle size distribution; radioactive waste; resins; scanning electron microscopy; spectral analysis; thermodynamics; thermogravimetry
- ... The feasibility of using Cyanex 301 impregnated onto biopolymer resin for removing cobalt from radioactive waste streams is investigated. The emulsion compositions for resin preparation were optimized to ensure compliance with nuclear grade resin specifications on particle size distribution and chemical stabilities using multi-variant analysis. The enhanced chemical stabilities of the resins in di ...
- El Sherif, E. O., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Crop science 1980 v.20 no.6 pp. 751-755
- Glycine max; acetylene reduction; cultivars; filling period; growth habit; nitrogen; nitrogen fixation; planting date; seed yield; soil; soybeans; total nitrogen; Kansas
- ... An evaluation of the seasonal trends in nitrogen fixation by three soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] cultivars differing in growth habits was made at two locations in Kansas. Two planting dates—May and June; two row spacings—38 cm and 76 cm—and two plant populations— 380,000 and 760,000 plants/ha were examined. Root samples were assayed weekly for acetylene reduction commencing from 3 weeks after p ...