Jump to Main Content
- El-Hoseiny, Hanan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2018 v.233 pp. 159-177
- Mangifera indica; abnormal development; abscission; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; arid zones; catalase; crop yield; cultivars; enzyme activity; freshwater; fruit quality; genotype; lipid peroxidation; mangoes; nitrogen metabolism; peroxidase; photosynthesis; salicylic acid; screening; superoxide dismutase; vegetative growth; wastewater; wastewater irrigation; Egypt
- ... Limitation of fresh water for agriculture irrigation is a worldwide problem, especially in countries located in the arid region like Egypt. This work demonstrates the impact of treated wastewater on two mango cultivars, cv. “Keitt” and cv. “Ewais”. Treated wastewater contains comparatively more contaminant than fresh water, therefore salicylic acid (SA) was added to the treated wastewater to study ...
- El-Hoseiny, Hanan, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant physiology and biochemistry 2017 v.118 pp. 31-44
- abscisic acid; arid zones; catalase; cultivars; cytokinins; drought tolerance; enzyme activity; field experimentation; fruit quality; gibberellins; indole acetic acid; leaves; mangoes; peroxidase; reactive oxygen species; silicon; superoxide dismutase; trees; water stress
- ... Improvement of drought stress of mango plants requires intensive research that focuses on physiological processes. In three successive seasons (2014, 2015and 2016) field experiments with four different strains of mango were subjected to two water regimes. The growth and physiological parameters of possible relevance for drought stress tolerances in mango were investigated. Yield and its components ...