Jump to Main Content
- El-Sharkawy, Ibrahim I., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied energy 2014 v.126 pp. 235-245
- adsorption; climate; cooling systems; silica gel; solar collectors; Egypt; Middle East; Red Sea; Saudi Arabia
- ... This paper presents a theoretical investigation on the performance of solar powered silica gel/water based adsorption cooling system working under climate conditions of the Middle East region. Actual solar data of Cairo and Aswan located, respectively, in the north and south of Egypt and the coastal city Jeddah on the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia are used in this study. Dynamic behavior of adsorption c ...
- El-Sharkawy, Ibrahim I., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Energy 2015 v.79 pp. 363-370
- adsorption; coordination polymers; ethanol; magnetism; models; sorption isotherms; temperature
- ... This paper presents experimental and theoretical investigations of adsorption characteristics of ethanol onto metal organic framework namely MIL-101Cr. Adsorption isotherms and kinetics of the studied pair have been measured gravimetrically using a magnetic suspension adsorption measurement unit and volumetrically employing a Quantachrome Autosorb iQ MP machine. The present experiments have been c ...