Jump to Main Content
- Eldeen, Ibrahim M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2011 v.124 no.2 pp. 514-517
- Escherichia coli; Gram-negative bacteria; Gram-positive bacteria; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Pseudomonas stutzeri; Staphylococcus aureus; Zingiber officinale; acetates; essential oils; geranial; leaf oils; leaves; rhizomes
- ... The essential oils obtained by hydrodistilation of the leaves and rhizomes of Zingiber officinale var. rubrum Theilade were analysed by capillary GC and GC–MS. Forty-six constituents were identified in the leaf oil, while 54 were identified in the oil from the rhizomes. The leaf oil was clearly dominated by β-caryophyllene (31.7%), while the oil from the rhizomes was predominantly monoterpenoid, w ...
- Eldeen, Ibrahim M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Subtropical plant science 2011 v.24 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Musa; antioxidant activity; bananas; chloroform; cultivars; mineral content; potassium; pulp
- ... Correlations between total phenolic and mineral contents with antioxidant activities of pulps and peels from eight banana (Musa sp.) cultivars were studied. The total phenolic contents were determined using Folin–Ciocalteu colorimetric method, and antioxidant activities were measured using 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) radical scavenging assay and ferric reducing antioxidant potential (FRAP ...