Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: elisa?
- Elias, Jack, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2015 v.112 no.22 pp. E2891
- allergens; asthma; chitin; chitinase; dust; dust mites; enzyme activity; exoskeleton; hypersensitivity; immune response; mice; people; polymers
- ... Chitinases are enzymes that cleave chitin, a component of the exoskeleton of many organisms including the house dust mite (HDM). Here we show that knockin mice expressing an enzymatically inactive acidic mammalian chitinase (AMCase), the dominant true chitinase in mouse lung, showed enhanced type 2 immune responses to inhaled HDM. We found that uncleaved chitin promoted the release of IL-33, where ...
- PubMed Central:
- Elias, Jack A., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- international journal of biochemistry & cell biology 2011 v.43 no.1 pp. 154-162
- amyloid; animal models; apoptosis; blood serum; chemokines; collagen; disease severity; extracellular matrix; fibroblasts; fibrosis; inflammation; macrophages; monocytes; patients; respiratory tract diseases; transforming growth factor beta 1; transgenic animals
- ... The pleiotropic growth factor TGFβ₁ promotes many of the pathogenic mechanisms observed in lung fibrosis and airway remodeling, such as aberrant extracellular matrix deposition due to both fibroblast activation and fibroblast to myofibroblast differentiation. Serum amyloid P (SAP), a member of the pentraxin family of proteins inhibits bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis through an inhibition of pulmon ...