Jump to Main Content
- Eljasik, Piotr, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.504 pp. 131-138
- Alburnus alburnus; Carassius auratus; Carassius gibelio; Cyprinid herpesvirus 2; Cyprinus carpio; DNA; Lepomis gibbosus; Leuciscus idus; Perca fluviatilis; blood; cage culture; cages; carrier state; farms; gills; goldfish; kidneys; liver; mortality; necrosis; perch; polymerase chain reaction; power plants; rearing; spleen; viruses; Israel; Poland; Thailand; United Kingdom
- ... Cyprinid herpesvirus 2 (CyHV-2) is the agent of herpesviral haematopoietic necrosis (HVHN), a serious disease affecting two fish species of the Carassius genus, i.e. goldfish (C. auratus) and Prussian Carp (C. gibelio). In Poland, no asymptomatic vectors of CyHV-2 and no farms in which the virus would cause mortalities have been identified. In 2016 and 2017, mass mortalities of ornamental varietie ...
- Eljasik, Piotr, et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2020 v.140 pp. 111330
- Cyprinus carpio; Sparus aurata; arsenic; biofortification; bromine; cadmium; carp; copper; diet; enriched feed; farmed fish; feed prices; filleting; fish fillets; fish meal; fish oils; ingredients; iodine; iron; lead; macroalgae; mercury; muscles; nutrient deficiencies; selenium; toxic substances; toxicology
- ... Developing tailor-made fortified farmed fish is a promising solution to overcome nutritional deficiencies and increase consumer confidence in these products. This study evaluated the supplementation of three fortified diets with I-rich seaweed and selenised-yeast on essential and toxic elements levels in gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata) and common carp (Cyprinus carpio). Fortified diets resulted ...