Jump to Main Content
- Elkayam, Roy, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2018 v.190 pp. 383-392
- aquifers; atrazine; caffeine; centrifugation; drilling; effluents; laboratory experimentation; simazine; soil; soil sampling; streams; vadose zone
- ... Trace organic compounds in effluents, water streams and aquifers are amply reported. However, the mobile pool of Emerging Organic Contaminants (EOCs) in the deep parts of the vadose zone is hard to estimate, due to difficulties in extraction of sufficient quantity of pore water. Here, we present a new methodology for depth profiling of EOCs in pore water by Positive Displacement Extraction (PDE): ...
- Elkayam, Roy, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Environmental science 2017 v.19 no.12 pp. 1571-1582
- adsorption; ammonia; ammonium; ammonium nitrogen; aquifers; basins; biodegradation; dissolved oxygen; metropolitan areas; municipal wastewater; nitrates; nitrification; oxidation; soil; vadose zone; wastewater treatment
- ... The oxidation of ammonium in the vadose zone of soil aquifer systems is discussed and examined by detailed analysis of the depth profiles of dissolved oxygen, nitrate and ammonium concentrations in the vadose zone of a soil-aquifer treatment (SAT) system of a municipal wastewater treatment system of the Tel Aviv metropolitan area. Nitrification kinetics and ammonium adsorption capacity studies sho ...