Jump to Main Content
- Ellison, Mitchell A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Marine environmental research 2017 v.132 pp. 63-67
- Anthozoa; Symbiodinium; biomarkers; bleaching; environmental factors; genes; heat-shock protein 70; salinity; salt stress; symbionts; symbiosis; temperature
- ... Abiotic factors affect cnidarian-algal symbiosis and, if severe enough, can result in bleaching. Increased temperature and light are well characterized causes of bleaching, but other factors like salinity can also stress the holobiont. In cnidarian-dinoflagellate systems, the expression of host genes, including heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70), changes due to thermal and light stress. In this experim ...
- Ellison, Mitchell A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant methods 2016 v.12 no.37 pp. 1-11
- Chrysanthemum; Gladiolus; Glycine max; Phakopsora pachyrhizi; Puccinia horiana; Uromyces; host plants; in situ hybridization; leaves; plant pathogenic fungi; plant tissues; rust diseases; spores; staining
- ... Background: Rust fungi are obligate pathogens with multiple life stages often including different spore types and multiple plant hosts. While individual rust pathogens are often associated with specific plants, a wide range of plants pecies are infected with rust fungi. To study the interactions between these important pathogenic fungi and their host plants, one must be able to differentiate funga ...
- PubMed Central: