Jump to Main Content
- English, K., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of veterinary cardiology 2015 v.17 pp. S233
- cardiomyopathy; cats; clinical examination; death; echocardiography; erythrocytes; heart; heart failure; hematocrit; hematology; hospitals; human diseases; mortality; prognosis; veterinarians
- ... Red blood cell distribution width (RDW) is a measurement of variability in circulating erythrocytes size, and has recently been shown to correlate with prognosis in a variety of human diseases, including acute and chronic heart failure.To determine if RDW differs between healthy controls, cats with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) without congestive heart failure (CHF) and cats with HCM and CHF, ...
- English, K, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.23 pp. 23436-23448
- at-risk population; benzoic acid; biomarkers; chlorpyrifos; cost effectiveness; deet; environmental monitoring; exposure assessment; geometry; herbicides; insect repellents; isotope dilution technique; liquid chromatography; metabolites; physiology; pyrethroid insecticides; solid phase extraction; tandem mass spectrometry; urine; Canada; Queensland; United States
- ... A range of pesticides are available in Australia for use in agricultural and domestic settings to control pests, including organophosphate and pyrethroid insecticides, herbicides, and insect repellents, such as N,N-diethyl-meta-toluamide (DEET). The aim of this study was to provide a cost-effective preliminary assessment of background exposure to a range of pesticides among a convenience sample of ...
- English, K., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2013 v.193 no.1-3 pp. 252-255
- Sarcocystis; cerebrospinal fluid; goats; host range; intermediate hosts; meningoencephalitis; merozoites; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; sheep; sheep diseases; United Kingdom
- ... Protozoal merozoites were identified in the cerebrospinal fluid of two sheep with neurological disease in the UK. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) identified the merozoites as Sarcocystis capracanis, a common protozoal pathogen of goats. This is the first report of this species infecting sheep and may represent an aberrant infection with sheep acting as dead end hosts, or alternatively could indica ...