Jump to Main Content
- Erickson, Anders C., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.175 pp. 108-116
- Canadians; air pollution; data collection; diet; education; epidemiological studies; exercise; income; models; mortality; particulates; risk estimate; risk factors; Canada
- ... Indirect adjustment via partitioned regression is a promising technique to control for unmeasured confounding in large epidemiological studies. The method uses a representative ancillary dataset to estimate the association between variables missing in a primary dataset with the complete set of variables of the ancillary dataset to produce an adjusted risk estimate for the variable in question. The ...
- Erickson, Anders C., et al. Show all 21 Authors
- Environment international 2019 v.131 pp. 104972
- air; air pollutants; air pollution; algorithms; butanol; carbon monoxide; emissions; health programs; inventories; logit analysis; low birth weight; maternal exposure; morbidity; mortality; odds ratio; particulates; pregnancy complications; premature birth; risk; small for gestational age; socioeconomic status; spatial data; xylene; Alberta
- ... Adverse birth outcomes (ABO) such as prematurity and small for gestational age confer a high risk of mortality and morbidity. ABO have been linked to air pollution; however, relationships with mixtures of industrial emissions are poorly understood. The exploration of relationships between ABO and mixtures is complex when hundreds of chemicals are analyzed simultaneously, requiring the use of novel ...