Jump to Main Content
- Ermakova, S.P., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2020 v.142 pp. 778-781
- Cladosiphon; algae; bioactive properties; carbohydrate metabolism; fucoidan; human health; intestinal mucosa; liver; macrophages; rats; Ryukyu Archipelago
- ... Fucoidans are a group of homo-and hetero-polysaccharides, which necessarily contains residues of sulfated α-L-fucose. Fucoidans are found only in brown algae. These polysaccharides exhibit a wide spectrum of biological activity and have a great therapeutic potential. Enzymes capable of catalyzing the degradation of fucoidans are absent in the mammalian enzyme system. The question arises: is the tr ...
- Ermakova, S.P., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2019 v.205 pp. 465-471
- DNA; Fucus evanescens; X-radiation; adenocarcinoma; apoptosis; caspases; cell lines; colorectal neoplasms; enzymatic hydrolysis; fucoidan; humans; melanoma; neoplasm cells; pro-apoptotic proteins; radiotherapy
- ... Fucoidan from brown alga Fucus evanescens and its product of enzymatic hydrolysis have precisely established structure and possess significant biological activities.The aim of present study was to determine radiosensitizing activity of fucoidan from brown alga F. evanescens and its derivative in human melanoma, breast adenocarcinoma, and colorectal carcinoma cell lines and elucidate mechanism of t ...
- Ermakova, S.P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2008 v.46 no.5 pp. 1793-1800
- algae; chemoprevention; receptors; fucoidan; transcription (genetics); mice; animal models; phosphotransferases (kinases); epidermal growth factor; cell lines; protein phosphorylation; gene expression regulation; anticarcinogenic activity