Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: price?
- Etwire, Prince M., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of agricultural economics 2019 v.70 no.2 pp. 488-506
- agricultural income; climate change; corn; farmers' attitudes; food crops; food production; heat tolerance; millets; models; rain; temperature; Ghana
- ... We apply a Structural Ricardian Model (SRM) to farm‐level data from Ghana for seven principal food crops in order to model the factors which influence farmers' decisions about which food crops to grow and the revenue conditional on these choices. Our application of the SRM incorporates a flexible functional form to allow for the possibility that the effects of temperature and rainfall may not be l ...
- Etwire, Prince M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Food security 2017 v.9 no.4 pp. 849-866
- agroecology; commercialization; corn; education; farm size; farms; households; livestock; market orientation; markets; Ghana
- ... This paper established a positive relationship between market orientation and intensity of commercialization among rural farm households in northern Ghana. The IV Tobit regression estimate suggests that intensity of maize commercialization is significantly determined by education, agro-ecology, household size, total livestock units, farm size, access to formal markets and market orientation. In ad ...
- Etwire, Prince M, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Agricultural and food economics 2014 v.2 no.1 pp. 11
- farmers; household income; models; research and development; researchers; resource management; rice; supply chain; Ghana
- ... Innovation platforms are established to facilitate open communication and collaboration among various actors usually within a value chain to promote collective resource management. The concept of innovation platform as a strategy of entry point for operationalization, validation and dissemination of agricultural technology have received much attention in recent times among researchers in Ghana. Ho ...