Jump to Main Content
- Evans, Hayden A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Chemical communications 2019 v.55 no.5 pp. 588-591
- anions; chemical reactions; guanidinium; iodides; iodine; platinum
- ... Perovskite-derived hybrid platinum iodides with the general formula A₂PtᴵⱽI₆ (A = formamidinium FA and guanidinium GUA) accommodate excess I₂ to yield hydrogen-bond-stabilized compounds where the I₂ forms catenates with I⁻ anions on the PtI₆ octahedra. ...
- Evans, Hayden A., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of the American Chemical Society 2016 v.138 no.36 pp. 11820-11832
- X-radiation; chemical structure; electrons; halides; oxidation; photoluminescence; stereochemistry; temperature; tin
- ... Stable s² lone pair electrons on heavy main-group elements in their lower oxidation states drive a range of important phenomena, such as the emergence of polar ground states in some ferroic materials. Here we study the perovskite halide CsSnBr₃ as an embodiment of the broader materials class. We show that lone pair stereochemical activity due to the Sn²⁺ s² lone pair causes a crystallographically ...
- Evans, Hayden A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental quality 2008 v.37 no.4 pp. 1546
- nutrients; tree growth; silvopastoral systems; poultry manure; fertilizer application; soil nutrients; soil fertility; Pinus taeda; grazing; Paspalum notatum; upland soils; Trifolium subterraneum; soil nutrient dynamics; plant nutrition; magnesium; phosphorus; potassium; nitrogen; mineral fertilizers; agricultural runoff; soil horizons; leaching; water pollution; Louisiana; Southeastern United States
- ... Fertilizing pastures with poultry litter has led to an increased incidence of nutrient-saturated soils, particularly on highly fertilized, well drained soils. Applying litter to silvopastures, in which loblolly pine (L.) and bahiagrass () production are integrated, may be an ecologically desirable alternative for upland soils of the southeastern USA. Integrating subterranean clover () into silvopa ...