Jump to Main Content
- Fadini, M. A. M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Experimental & applied acarology 2013 v.60 no.3 pp. 367-379
- Phytoseiulus; Tetranychus urticae; abamectin; acaricides; dimethoate; genetic background; population growth; predatory mites
- ... Phytoseiulus macropilis Banks (Acari: Phytoseiidae) is an effective predator of tetranychid mites, but there are no data on its response to pesticides. We investigated the resistance of the predatory mite P. macropilis to the acaricides abamectin and dimethoate, and we examined the fitness costs associated with resistance. Two populations were tested: one from conventional cultivation and another ...
- Fadini, M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biological control 2007 v.42 no.2 pp. 105-109
- Tetranychus urticae; mite control; biological control agents; predatory mites; Phytoseiulus; predation; developmental stages; oviposition; Fragaria; strawberries; tropics
- ... The two-spotted spider mite Tetranychus urticae Koch (Acari: Tetranychidae) is one of the most important pests of many crops in temperate and tropical climates. Chemical control is the main method of combating this mite, but it is less preferred due to the development of resistance as well as environmental problems associated with the use of pesticides. Biological control of spider mites has been ...