Jump to Main Content
- Famiri, Abderrahim, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 91-98
- Eucalyptus; clones; plantations; reaction wood; sawing; trees; water content; wood
- ... Liberation of growth stresses during cutting and sawing prevents the use of eucalyptus as working timber. The occurrence of log-end cracks and planks, due to the release of growth stress pre-existing in the standing tree, causes severe damage at the early stage of wood transformation. In this study, we determine the GSI of two clonal eucalyptus wood originated from Gharb Mâamora plantations, so as ...
- Famiri, Abderrahim, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal 2016 v.13 no.2 pp. 132-137
- Cedrus atlantica; Pinus halepensis; Pinus pinaster; Tetraclinis articulata; decay fungi; durability; risk; roundwood; softwood
- ... Atlas cedar (Cedrus atlantica Manetti), thuya (Tetraclinis articulata (Vahl) Masters), Aleppo pine (Pinus halepensis Mill.), maritime pine (Pinus pinaster var atlantica Ait) are among important Mediterranean coniferous species that provide softwood round timber. Atlas cedar and thuya are well known for their noble timber used in ebinestry and marquetry while those of the two pines are mainly used ...