Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Shanshan, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Gene 2019 v.689 pp. 124-130
- animal ovaries; apoptosis; bioactive properties; cell lines; disease course; drug therapy; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; messenger RNA; neoplasm cells; ovarian neoplasms; protein content; recombinant proteins; small interfering RNA; tissues
- ... Aberrant activation of the Wnt/β-catenin has been shown to promote progression in various cancers, including ovarian cancer. However, the molecular mechanisms involved in Wnt/β-catenin activation are not well elucidated. In the work, we identify that R-spondin 1 is an upstream regulator in Wnt/β-catenin pathway to promote growth, survival and migration in ovarian cancer cells. We observe the upreg ...
- Fang, Shanshan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Biochemical and biophysical research communications 2016 v.480 no.3 pp. 415-421
- adenosine triphosphate; angiogenesis; animal models; anthelmintics; antioxidants; apoptosis; brain; drugs; endothelial cells; humans; ivermectin; membrane potential; metabolism; mitochondria; neoplasms; oxidative stress; phosphorylation; therapeutics
- ... Glioblastoma is one of the most vascular brain tumour and highly resistant to current therapy. Targeting both glioblastoma cells and angiogenesis may present an effective therapeutic strategy for glioblastoma. In our work, we show that an anthelmintic drug, ivermectin, is active against glioblastoma cells in vitro and in vivo, and also targets angiogenesis. Ivermectin significantly inhibits growth ...