Jump to Main Content
- Fang, Z. Zak, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2015 v.89 pp. 137-147
- carbon dioxide; energy; environmental impact; greenhouse gas emissions; hydrolysis; industrial applications; leaching; life cycle assessment; manufacturing; nanomaterials; recycling; slags; solvents; sulfates; temperature; titanium dioxide; washing
- ... Titanium dioxide (TiO2) is used as pigment in a wide variety of domestic and industrial applications, and is becoming an increasingly valuable nanomaterial. TiO2 is manufactured by the traditional sulfate process or high temperature chloride process. Several hydrometallurgical processes for manufacturing TiO2 have recently emerged to reduce the environmental impact of TiO2 production. A new proces ...
- Fang, Z. Zak, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Powder technology 2016 v.301 pp. 331-335
- alloys; atomization; injection molding; manufacturing; melting; oxygen; particle size distribution; powders; raw materials
- ... A novel method was developed to produce spherical Ti-6Al-4V powder for advanced near-net-shape manufacturing processes including additive manufacturing and powder injection molding. The new process synergistically integrates a few common low-cost processing techniques including granulation, sintering, and de-oxygenation to produce spherical Ti alloy powders without relying on costly melting and at ...