Jump to Main Content
- Farto, R., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2015 v.118 no.4 pp. 792-802
- Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida; algorithms; gene amplification; gene expression; genes; messenger RNA; models; pathogens; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; virulence
- ... AIMS: This study aimed to select and validate different methodological strategies to quantify the expression of the virulence genes ascC and ascV by qPCR in Aeromonas salmonicida subsp. salmonicida (Aer. salmonicida). METHODS AND RESULTS: Using the geNorm, Normfinder and BestKeeper algorithms, reference genes for the qPCR were selected based on their in vitro expression stabilities in three Aer. s ...
- Farto, R., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 1999 v.86 no.5 pp. 796-804
- Scophthalmus maximus; Vibrio scophthalmi; Vibrio splendidus; avirulent strains; databases; estuaries; genes; numerical taxonomy; ribosomal RNA; ribotypes; seawater; turbot; virulence; Spain
- ... Twelve Vibrio strains were examined phenotypically in 91 biochemical characters and genotypically by ribotyping. Ten were isolated from sea water and two from diseased turbot (Scophthalmus maximus). All isolates originated from one experimental system located in Ria de Vigo (Galicia, north-west Spain). Different type strains were used for comparative purposes. The taxonomic position was analysed w ...