Jump to Main Content
- Fekete, E., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2013 v.94 no.2 pp. 927-933
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; crystallites; energy; flax; gas chromatography; particle size; polymerization; scanning electron microscopy; sieving; sorption; surface area
- ... Flax fibers were ground with a ball-mill and four fractions with different size ranges were collected by sieving. These were tested for water sorption, degree of polymerization (DP), copper number, hydroxyl number and analyzed by X-ray diffraction (XRD), X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and inverse gas chromatography (IGC). Significant differences were fou ...
- Fekete, É., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Anatomia, histologia, embryologia 2009 v.38 no.5 pp. 387-391
- direct contact; electron microscopy; endothelial cells; endothelium; genes; immunohistochemistry; innervation; myocytes; neonates; shrinkage; smooth muscle; ultrastructure; umbilical cord; umbilical veins
- ... With the exception of its most proximal segment, the human umbilical cord lacks innervation. It might be expected, therefore, that a paracrine effect through the direct contact between the smooth muscle cells and the endothelium may be particularly important in the control of the fetoplacental circulation. In this study, electron microscopy and immunohistochemistry were applied to examine umbilica ...
- Fekete, E., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Archives of microbiology 2004 v.181 no.1 pp. 35-44
- carbohydrate metabolism; biochemical pathways; fungus physiology
- ... The catabolism of D-galactose in yeast depends on the enzymes of the Leloir pathway. In contrast, Aspergillus nidulans mutants in galactokinase (galE) can still grow on D-galactose in the presence of ammonium--but not nitrate--ions as nitrogen source. A. nidulans galE mutants transiently accumulate high (400 mM) intracellular concentrations of galactitol, indicating that the alternative D-galactos ...