Jump to Main Content
- Feng, J. X., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Russian journal of plant physiology 2018 v.65 no.4 pp. 512-517
- Populus tremuloides; abscisic acid; electrical conductivity; hydroponics; leaves; osmotic pressure; pH; physiological response; potassium; roots; sap; seedlings; stomatal conductance; stomatal movement; temperature; xylem; xylem water potential
- ... Hydroponic-grown seedlings of aspen (Populus tremuloides Michx.) were used to investigate how low root temperatures (5°C) affect stomatal conductance and water relations. An isohydric manner of the stomatal behaviour was found with the seedlings when their roots were subjected to the low temperature. Stomatal conductance rapidly and dramatically reduced in response to the low root temperature, whi ...
- Feng, J.-X., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2009 v.107 no.1 pp. 245-256
- Escherichia coli; buffaloes; clones; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme activity; gene overexpression; genomic libraries; industrial applications; metagenomics; multigene family; nutrients; pH; polysaccharides; rumen
- ... To clone and characterize genes encoding novel cellulases from metagenomes of buffalo rumens. A ruminal metagenomic library was constructed and functionally screened for cellulase activities and 61 independent clones expressing cellulase activities were isolated. Subcloning and sequencing of 13 positive clones expressing endoglucanase and MUCase activities identified 14 cellulase genes. Two clones ...
- Feng, J.-X., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular plant-microbe interactions 2005 v.18 no.7 pp. 652-658
- Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris; plant pathogenic bacteria; bacterial proteins; genome; zinc; homeostasis; virulence; host-pathogen relationships; Raphanus sativus; radishes; vegetable crops; host plants; amino acid sequences; nucleotide sequences
- ... Zur is a regulator of the high-affinity zinc uptake system in many bacteria. In Xanthomonas campestris pv. campestris 8004, a putative protein encoded by the open reading frame designated as XC1430 shows 42% amino acid similarity with the Zur of Escherichia coli. An XC1430-disrupted mutant 1430nk was constructed by homologous suicide plasmid integration. 1430nk failed to grow in rich medium supple ...