Jump to Main Content
- Fergusson, Macarthur, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of wood and wood products 2018 v.76 no.6 pp. 1757-1759
- color; dyes; hardwood; liquids; spectroscopy; wood veneer
- ... Dyeing of veneer is an important value-adding process, particularly for young plantation hardwood species, which often have uneven colour and “dull appearance”. An important indicator in the assessment of the performance of veneer dyeing process is the dye uptake. This study compared two different methods of measuring dye uptake of dyed veneers; by using either liquid uptake based method or spectr ...
- Fergusson, Macarthur, et al. Show all 2 Author
- The journal of the Textile Institute 2016 v.107 no.12 pp. 1610-1616
- barium sulfate; bismuth; clothing; coatings; engineering; fabrics; health care workers; lead; manufacturing; patients; radiology; sodium; solvents; toxicity
- ... As interventional radiology procedures become more sophisticated, so must the radiation shielding apparel protecting the patients and medical personnel. Conventional radiation shielding apparel is constructed from lead impregnated sheet material which has issues with lead toxicity and user discomfort. This research constructed a more sophisticated material consisting of a textile platform with a b ...