Jump to Main Content
- Fernández, Franco D., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.137 no.4 pp. 663-666
- Thecaphora; crops; peanuts; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; Argentina
- ... In Argentina, Thecaphora frezii is the causal agent of peanut smut, causing severe yield losses in peanut growing areas. In this work sequence data of the large ribosomal subunit (28S rDNA) of four T. frezii specimens from different production regions are provided. A fragment of about 650 bp was amplified by PCR from each of the isolates analyzed. The analysis of the sequences demonstrated 100 % i ...
- Fernández, Franco D., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.1 pp. 1-4
- Ash yellows phytoplasma; Conyza bonariensis; Fragaria ananassa; Medicago sativa; alfalfa; crops; genes; nucleotide sequences; phylogeny; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; strawberries; weeds; Argentina
- ... Strawberry (Fragaria x ananassa Duch. cv. Camino Real) plants showing phyllody symptoms were detected in production fields in Bella Vista (Corrientes province, Argentina). DNA from all symptomatic samples analyzed yielded fragments of the expected size in PCR reactions using phytoplasma universal primers. DNA from asymptomatic plants yielded no products. The associated phytoplasma was designated a ...