Jump to Main Content
- Fernández‐Gil, Mᵃ Pilar, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of sensory studies 2018 v.33 no.2 pp. e12318
- cheeses; consumer preferences; education; marketing; quality control; sensory properties; traditional foods
- ... The aim of this work was to study the degree of agreement between consumer liking and the sensory quality scored by the trained panel in charge of the quality control of a traditional product (PDO Idiazabal cheese). Nine cheeses of different qualities were evaluated by eight trained assessors and by 212 consumers from Vitoria‐Gasteiz (Basque Country). Cheese samples were clearly different regardin ...
- Fernández Gil, M. Pilar, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food control 2015 v.51 pp. 371-380
- certification; cheeses; color; flavor; odors; product defects; protected designation of origin; quality control; sensory evaluation; texture
- ... There is a generalized lack of specific methods in the quality control of sensory characteristics of Protected Designation of Origin (PDO) and, in many cases, there is also a lack of sensory panels sufficiently trained and monitored. In this sense, reported experiences about how to develop procedures for sensory quality control of PDO products are very scarce.The present work describes the modific ...